Hello there – I’m Sarah, I live in the Folkestone area and I have a daughter who is now in her teens, which means I know all about the joys and challenges that parenthood can bring.
I have been facilitating antenatal courses throughout Kent for the NCT for over 10 years and running baby massage courses for over 6 years. I am a paediatric first aid trainer and infant sleep consultant. I also developed and ran my own version of sensory classes for babies and preschoolers called Feel a Fairy Tale for 4 years and these are now available online at www.thesensoryclass.com.
When my daughter was little I remember being a bit nervous about walking through the door to various groups and baby classes. I was sometimes a little worried that I wouldn’t find anyone to talk to and often I didn’t know where I could change a nappy and what on earth I was supposed to do if my daughter started crying loudly!!
I set up Blue Kangaroo Baby Classes in 2014 to offer parents a selection of enjoyable, interactive and professionally run courses. My associate partner Pippa and I make every effort to ensure that the parents who come along to any of our sessions are made to feel welcome and have fun.
- Diploma of Higher Education in Antenatal Education, through NCT, accredited by Bedfordshire University
- Certified Infant Massage Instructor, through IAIM, accredited by Royal College of Midwives
- Qualified Baby Signing Teacher, through Touch Learn, accredited by IPTI
- Qualified Sleep Trainer, through MNT Training, accredited by OCN
- ITG First Aid Instructor Certification – Endorsed by TQUK
- ITG Paediatric First Aid Instructor Certification – Endorsed by TQUK
Following a 25 year career in teaching which spanned nursery-aged children up to 18 year old adults I have had the privilege of working with parents-to-be and new parents since 2009 through running NCT antenatal and postnatal courses, (both privately and free of charge through Children’s Centres). I am now delighted to be part of the Blue Kangaroo team facilitating the Baby Massage courses, Starting Solids sessions and the Bumps to 6 Months drop-in group alongside Sarah.
- MA in Education Open University
- PGCE Reading University
- Diploma of Higher Education Postnatal Facilitation University of Bedfordshire
- Certified Infant Massage Instructor IAIM